So the other day I posted 8 acne causing habits and talked about how I am becoming more aware of what I’m putting on my skin and looking for great products that really work. Apple cider vinegar is one of those great products. Check out some of these great benefits you can get from using ACV.
- It Regulates your skin’s pH. You can replace your toner by diluting ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) with 2 parts water and 1 part ACV.
- You can use ACV to get shiny hair. Pour through your hair (1 part ACV to 4 parts water) after shampooing a few times per week.
- Soothe your sunburns with ACV. You can add a cup of ACV to your bathwater and let your body soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Apple cider vinegar is great for mucous. If you have bad allergies or sinus problems use 2 tbsp. of ACV to 1 cup of warm (not hot) water. Use this mixture in a neti pot to rinse out your sinus cavities.
- ACV can help remove teeth stains. Rub your teeth with the vinegar and rinse with water.
- A teaspoon of ACV along with a glass of water will help alleviate heartburn.
- Back to the hair, mix half water and half vinegar and scrub it into your scalp. It is great for dandruff.
- For the guys…. It works great as an aftershave. No kidding!
NOTE: Apple Cider Vinegar is not recommended for color-treated or processed hair.
Saturday 12th of April 2014
Most of my family raves about ACV for a multitude of ailments, I recently posted apple cider vinegar detox recipes on my blog. Making an ACV detox daily is as easy as brewing a cup of coffee or tea and gives you an amazing energy boost!
Wednesday 22nd of January 2014
These are some great ideas. I use it regularly for a hair rinse with good results. However, do some more research before you use it on your teeth. I've heard it can soften the enamel and do permanent damage.
Monday 27th of January 2014
It is not recommended on colored treated hair as it can strip the color. I don't dye my hair so I didn't think to add that note in but I will now. Thanks!
Saturday 18th of January 2014
Apple cider vinegar is my love! It saved my hair and it's sooo yummy with chicken :D I didn't know about these other uses though. Great post! :)
Thursday 16th of January 2014
Wow, I didn't know there were so many great uses for apple cider vinegar! I love the one where it can remove stains from your teeth.
Wednesday 15th of January 2014
I've heard there are a lot of great uses for Apple Cider Vinegar. Another tip I've been told about is to put some in your green tea and it boosts energy.