Many thanks to Kleenex for sponsoring today’s story, and keeping my life stylish!
It is that time of year wear allergies and Kleenex boxes take over our home. I don’t get them as bad as I use to but my husband and daughter suffer all Spring long. Here are some of the best ways we have found to survive this season that never seems to end. We have already had our Spring Break but if you haven’t then be sure to check out all these tips, especially keeping those tissues handy.
1. Avoid the outdoors on high pollen days or peak times like mid-day and afternoon. I’ll be quite honest that this one is hard to do around here. Pollen is probably the worst on warm windy days and well who wants to stay inside on warm days and in Kansas windy is pretty much everyday. We do our best to avoid the worst pollen days.
2. Wear sunglasses to block pollen from getting into your eyes. This is especially helpful if you have the problem like I mentioned above about windy days.
3. Skip the outdoor or line drying for your clothes. If you make it a habit to line dry then try to do it only on low pollen days.
4. I usually say don’t wash your hair nightly because it is bad for your hair but if you suffer from bad allergies then washing and showering nightly is a must. You need to rinse off all that pollen that is stuck on your skin and hair.
5. Get rid of all the weeds in your yard that are causing the worst problems. When you do have to break out the mower for the start of mowing season wear a face mask. You might look silly but your body will be thanking you afterwards.
6. Keep around treatment medications such as nasal antihistamines, oral antihistiamines and eye drops. If you suffer daily then talk to your doctor about allergy shots.
7. Eat local honey, my husband loves this trick. There is no scientific studies that say it even helps but really what could it hurt? Assuming you aren’t allergic to the honey!
8. Prepare for the sniffles, sneezes and runny noses because at some point it’s going to happen. If you suffer from allergies then unless you live in a bubble all season long at some point you are going to need your trusty tissues. I keep tissues every where during this time of year. They are in my bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, purse, car and well you get the point.
Luckily Kleenex has been around for 90 years (crazy right) and still makes their boxes so stylish now that having them every where just blends right in with the rest of my home decor. Check out the ones in my bathroom. Their decorative tissue box matches my shower curtain pattern. 🙂
They are also perfect for on the go traveling. It isn’t just allergy season. It is Spring Break season and soon to be Summer so that means lots of bodies moving around and traveling. Kleenex makes all sorts of styles like slim packs, wallets and wedges that are perfect for keeping in your vehicle. Trust me, they are stashed every where in mine. Helpful tip, keep a few grocery bags handy as well because tissues when you need them can make a nice little pile all over the place.
What is your Kleenex Style?
I thought I would do a little $5 Paypal giveaway so that you can get your Kleenex style on as well. I can’t help you survive the rest of the season. You will have to follow some of the handy tips above but I can provide one lucky winner with some cash to stock up on some really cute tissue packs. Even if you are not interested in entering the giveaway you can go take the Kleenex Play and Save quiz and get a nice little coupon. Who doesn’t love coupons?