Tomorrow is National Cereal Day, I thought I would honor a huge staple in almost every home by telling you some of my favorite cereal fun facts. Plus share a $1 OFF coupon for Nature Valley Cereal so that YOU can celebrate with a yummy bowl full.
Cereal Fun Facts!
- Did you know that 49% of the United States start their day with a bowl of cereal? Well duh right? Especially when you can start the day with Nature Valley. They have 3 new flavors: Honey Oat Clusters, Chocolate Oat Clusters and Baked Oat Bites.
- The word cereal comes from Cerealia, the goddess of grain.
- The average American eats 160 bowls of cereal each year. Are you that average American?
I can say that I don’t eat quite that many bowls a year. Maybe 50ish for me? It might be even more now because those Honey Oat Clusters are delish.
- Did you know that breakfast cereal is the 3rd most popular item sold in grocery stores?
- or…. that the Astronauts from Apollo 11 boosted their brainpower by eating cereal while in space?
Obviously without milk but that is one thing I have found with the new Nature Valley Cereals. They are just as good to munch a handful without milk as they are with milk.
So lets get ourselves and our families powered this National Cereal Day. Be sure to print out your $1 off coupon and get yourself a box of Nature Valley Cereal. They are a great way to start your day full and focused.
A serving full of Nature Valley (with milk) gives you 12g of protein with no artificial colors, flavors or high fructose corn syrup. Get in a great source of fiber with its 23g of whole grain per serving. Plus with the Chocolate Oat Clusters…. you get CHOCOLATE. How is that for a breakfast treat? Go forth and eat a bowl!
BUT…don’t forget to print your coupon!!