One of my favorite me times is when I get to have a relaxing bath. You know the kind where you get a chance to get all the bubble suds going and just sit there and not think about the 500 things you probably should be doing. As a mom I don’t tend to get those often but when I do I like to use body wash over bubble bath. Ever since I was a kid bubble bath broke me out but good ole body wash does the trick.
This week I got to try out some new body washes from Yes to Inc. So many options, not enough bath time.
- Have a clean bathroom. It’s not relaxing to soak in the tub staring around at all the junk laying all over the counters or floors. If you plan to spend some time in the tub get your clean on beforehand. It will just make the relaxing time that much better.
- Warm it up! Who wants to step out of the bathtub freezing? It’s always nice to have a cozy place to dry off and get dressed.
- Get your bath water just right. Just like Goldilocks, you want it to be just right.
- Turn off the overhead lights and light up some candles. The soft glow is relaxing. I would suggest unscented candles so you don’t mix body wash scents with candle scents.
- Grab some music or a book! I enjoy to read, it calms me. Some people don’t like to read so another great option would be music, something soft and peaceful. Warning: Keep electrical cords away from the water.
- Have a drink or chocolates on hand. If you have a favorite chocolate or indulgent snack/drink that you don’t have often this is the perfect time to treat yourself.
- When you are done with your bath apply body lotion to your skin to keep it moisturized.
- I would also suggest doing this right before bedtime so when you have finished you can hop into bed and rest easy.
If you are a beauty junkie like myself I’m sure you have heard of Yes to before but if you haven’t then here is a little snidbit about Yes to.
“Founded in 2006, Yes to, Inc. is a global leader in natural skin and hair care, with awesome and affordable products made with fruits, veggies, and a smile! Yes to’s award-winning formulations are over 95% natural, have proven results, and are free of parabens, petroleum, and SLS. They offer six unique collections including products for face, body, hair, lips, and even babies…to allow people to create their own natural ‘recipe’ that works for them. Yes to is made up of fun-loving, wine-drinking, yoga-doing, active-life-living bunch of folks in San Francisco who a) create affordable natural products that really work b) give back by planting school gardens for kids to help teach them about healthy living and nutrition, and c) have a pretty awesome time doing it.”