- Going to the Beach? Brush or rub on some baby powder to prevent the sand sticking to everything. The powder will help keep it off. This is my kind of tip because there is nothing I hate more than sand sticking to me. It’s probably one of the things that I dislike most about beaches.
- Bugs a Bother? One thing that is a pain about living in Kansas is the wind. I’m pretty sure it’s up there as one of the windiest states. However, when it comes to sitting outside in the Summer it does have its benefits. The wind is a great way to effectively ward off mosquitoes and bugs. If you don’t have a natural windy state or any wind the day of your outdoor outing grab a fan, it works the same.
- Fogging Goggles? Back when I was little we use to spit in our goggles, eewww! It worked though, temporarily. However, there is a much less gross way to prevent your goggles from fogging and that is good ole toothpaste. Take a clean rag and gently rub the toothpaste in, let sit for a few minutes and then clean with another clean rag.
- Keep Your Cool! If you know your going to be out in the sun the next day hydrate yourself beforehand. It’s extremely important to stay hydrated. If you feel thirsty then you are most likely already dehydrated. Drink before you feel the need!
- Be Weather Smart! In the Summer thunderstorms and rain showers pop up at random times so be sure to check your weather forecast beforehand so you know what to expect, how to dress, and back up plans in case it does rain.
- Wear Sunscreen! I talked about this in last weeks Tip Tuesday but it’s important enough to mention again. A sunburn is potentially dangerous but it also hinders the bodies ability to stay cool and can lead to other Summer problems like dehydration and overheating.
BE SUMMER SMART!!
Be sure to pop over and check out all my tips on Sun Safety as well.