For most people, keeping the skin on your feet healthy requires routine exfoliating and moisturizing. Did you know outside of feeling someones forehead for fever, feet is a great way to tell the health of any given person. Shouldn’t we want to take care of something in our body that houses a quarter of all our bones? Here are some great tips for keeping your feet happy. 🙂
- Massage feet with lanolin based lotion to prevent dryness.
- To prevent ingrown toenails, trim nails straight across not into the corners.
- Keep your feet dry and clean to prevent toenail fungus. Remove workout shoes immediately after working out.
- Relieve swollen feet by alternating hot water soaks (3 mins) with cold water soaks (1 min). Approx 15 mins total.
- Always soak your feet prior to using a pumice stone.
- Having foot pain? Place hands under the arch and press firmly, draw the hands upward past the ankle for a quick relief.
- Be certain that your shoes fit with room to wiggle your toes.
- Try not to cross your legs when you sit down. This can limit circulation. (I’m really bad at this, I tend to sit cross legged in my chair and when I get up my feet are usually asleep. :/ )
- Skip walking barefooted, esp outside your home. It can increase your risk of contracting viruses (think warts), fungus (like athlete’s foot) or bacteria (which can cause a skin infection).
Got any other happy feet tips for me?