Hair brushes are a must have tool. Well unless you are going for the messy look (which can be cute) then maybe not so much but I bet we all own one, at least one right? Here are some useful tips about the different types of hair brushes and how you can get the most out of the ones you own or maybe didn’t know you needed.
Plastic Bristle Brushes…. These brushes are good for taming curls and calming flyaways. Think smoothing!
Wood Bristle Brushes… These type of brushes are great for reducing breakage. They also massage the scalp and stimulate your hair for growth.
Hopefully that was helpful in finding what bristle brush is right for you.
More hair tips…
- Never use a brush on wet hair, instead use a wide toothed comb.
- Brush out tangles before shampooing. It creates less stress on your hair.
- Don’t brush thick and frizzy hair, use a pick comb instead.
- When brushing out tangles, brush from mid-shaft and gently brush out the ends.
- Use fabric hair ties or elastic ties without the metal closure.
- Wash your hairbrushes regularly with a little shampoo and allow the bristles to dry naturally.
- Brushing for just 5 minutes a day boosts hair shine and encourages hair growth!