Last week’s tip Tuesday was all about tips for hair brushes so I thought I would follow that up with unexpected tricks and uses for your hair dryer. You know besides using it to blow dry your hair. 😉
- Dewrinkle: Get rid of the wrinkles! This works great for items you may have been storing like shower curtains or tablecloths. Just be sure to hold it a good foot away from the item so you don’t do any melting. That would be bad!
- Dusting: Dust those places that are hard to reach by shooting them with some air. Be sure you start from the top and work your way down otherwise you’ll be redusting.
- Erase Marks: You can erase crayon marks by blow drying it and letting the wax melt then wiping it clean with a sponge. This will also work on wax spills.
- Detach a Photo: Use the heat from the dryer to loosen the glue from photo album pages.
- Frosting hardener: What? Yes… you can use a blow dryer on cool to harden cake/cookie frosting.
- Dry your body: My hubby does this all the time, use the hair dryer to dry off before putting on your clothes. If you are in a rush to quickly get dressed right out of the shower this works great and no trying to squeeze into clothes while they cling to you.
- Mirror Defogger: Speaking of showers…one of the most annoying things is fogged mirrors, especially if you are trying to do your makeup. Use a hair dryer to quickly and easily remove the steam so you can get on with your morning.
- Detecting Leaks: Got a leak around your window or door? You can use a hair dryer to blow air from one side while another person holds a flame on the other side. If it blows out or starts to really move then you know where your leak is coming from.
- Loosening Glue: Getting off hard to remove stickers from shoes, jars, etc. Thanks Bessie for this tip. This is definitely a good one too. 🙂
What other ways do you use hair dryers besides for the obvious hair drying usage?