So in the past few weeks Tip Tuesday has been full of ways to make your body, face, hands, legs, etc look and feel more beautiful, now it’s time for ways to help you feel collected on the inside. When you are stressing and feeling frustrated it shows on the outside, in the upcoming weeks I’m going to post great ways to beat that stress. Summer is ending officially and so many things about the fall and winter bring new stressful situations. Whether it be just the cloudy days or having to deal with kids going back to school, it’s always something. The holidays are also right around the corner and although they should be times of joy they are often times of stress for many. How are we going to spend it this year or what gift to buy, right? I won’t even get started on political stress for this year. Now that I’ve mentioned loads of things that probably cause us all some grief at some point, here are some great ways to stay calm and stress less.
- Take deep breaths. This slows your heart rate and slows the pace of your stress hormones.
- Sit up Straight. It allows for your chest to be open and for you to breath more freely and fully. This increased oxygen will do your body good.
- Take a break! Focus on something good going on in your life or a picture of something(one) you love.
- Hold the hand of someone you love, skin to skin contact is calming.
- Force yourself to move, it relieves tension.
- When it’s sunny out, sit in the sun for awhile and bask in the warmth.
- Scream Therapy…. shout (in an appropriate area).
- (& for those who believe)… Pray… It helps you gain strength and clear your mind.
What are some instant tension zappers you use?