It seems like this always happens to me. I’m a little slow in the morning (they are not my thing) but once the day picks up I’m good to go. Then an hour or two before the evening time gets here I’m all in the “is that clock even moving” mood. Here are a couple tips to keep you going those extra few hours.
- Drink a cold glass of water.
- Eat a snack, some nuts will give you energy or a slice of meat for protein.
- Feeling bored? Call up a friend just to get in a little social contact.
- Sit up straight! Bad posture makes you tired.
- Go for a brisk walk or do some quick vigorous exercise like jumping jacks. Boosting your adrenaline or cortisol can give you a shot of energy to get you through the day.
- Plan to tackle your hardest work during the time you find you feel the most alert.
- If you are feeling the pressure of getting work done close out your email, turn off your phone and stay away from the distractions.