One thing my daughter loves to play with during the summer is chalk. I probably couldn’t tell you how much we go through. One thing is for sure is we always have some on hand and of course I always want to know other great tricks to use of things I have on hand.
- Stain Lifter: Mark stains with chalk, the chalk dust helps remove the oils and makes removing stains easier.
- Prevent Tarnishing: Wrap chalk in cheesecloth and store with your silverware. The chalk will absorb the moisture and help prevent tarnishing.
- Keep Ants Out: Ants don’t like calcium carbonate, which can be found in most chalk. Draw around ant entry points to keep them out.
- Steady your hands: Rub chalk on your hands when you need to prevent them from slipping.
- Hide Cracks or Small Holes: Hide cracks or small holes in the wall (using matching chalk color) until you are ready to paint.