This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KreateMyHappy #CollectiveBias
I have always loved a yummy in my tummy rice krispies treat. Definitely one of my favorites growing up. However, now that I haven’t been a child for a long time I like to make them a little more decadent for my taste buds. Like adding chocolate, caramel and pecans to make these delicious turtle rice krispies treats. Not to say they aren’t perfect for anyone in your family as my daughter loves the turtle version for a fun afternoon treat as well.
- Prepackaged Rice Krispies Treats 16ct
- 11 ounce package caramel bits
- 2 tbsps. milk
- 1 ½ Cup Chopped Pecans
- 2 ounces Semi-sweet Chocolate
- Melt the entire package of the caramel bits together with the milk. You can do this by using a melting pot, which is my preferred method. You can also use a microwave. To microwave just place your ingredients in a microwavable bowl and melt for 2 or 2 ½ minutes or until the caramel is completely melted. I would recommend stirring after each 30 sec to 1 minute.
- While your caramel bits are melting, lay out your prepackaged Rice Krispies treats on a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Once your caramel bits are fully melted, pour the caramel over the Rice Krispies and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans on top. You may have to press them into the caramel so they will fully stick to the treats.
- Microwave your chocolate. This should only take about 1 minute or so, just remember to stir every 30 seconds. Drizzle your chocolate over top of the caramel and pecans.
- Allow the treats to cool and set before serving.
Like a lot of you I am a busy mom so luckily Kellogg’s® makes yummy prepackaged Rice Krispies Treats that work perfect for this recipe and you can of course find them at your local Wal-Mart.
Kellogg’s® is giving away 20 grand prize winner packages in a fun sweepstakes. To be a eligible entrant, go vote on your favorite Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats® recipe on the Kellogg’s Family Rewards® Website and via various social media platforms to be entered into a random drawing for a chance to win prizes. Contest voting runs 3/24-5/3/15
I love comments! Let me know your favorite way to have Rice Krispies Treats.