- pork shoulder
- root beer
- bbq sauce
- Place your pork shoulder in to the crock pot and cover with root beer. You will cover the pork shoulder about half to 3/4 of the way with the root beer.
- Cook on low for approx. 6-7 hours
- Pull the pork and remove from root beer
- Drain root beer and place pork back into crock pot
- Mix BBQ sauce with your pork, using the amount to your liking. I usually use about 1/2 to 3/4 of a bottle.
- Cook in BBQ sauce for another hour.
Please note that I didn’t give exact measurements for the root beer or BBQ because there really is no exact measurements. It will all depend on the size of your pork shoulder. Fill the root beer to cover the pork and as far as the BBQ just pour in how you like to eat it, whether that be light BBQ or on the messier side. You will probably use at least half a bottle.