My family is getting ready to throw a Valentine’s Day party and one of my favorite dishes to take to a party is this Red Velvet Cookie Dip. If you haven’t tried the M&M’s® Red Velvet then you are missing out and should stop what you are doing and run to the store right now. I’ll wait! Oh and the rest of the ingredients so that you can use half the bag and make this recipe. Heck, just pick up a couple of bags to be fair to your guest. Fair warning, this dip is rich and sweet. I suggest also picking up your favorite graham snacks to go with it.
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. real vanilla extract
- 1 cup approx half a bag M&M's® Red Velvet
- Valentine Sprinkles optional
- Blend together the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and peanut butter until creamy smooth.
- Add in the brown sugar and powdered sugar. Be sure to mix well otherwise you will have the grittiness of the brown sugar leftover.
- Break the M&M's® Red Velvet into pieces and fold into the mix. You can use more or less, just however you like.
- Add in sprinkles if you want otherwise you can skip this step.
Like I said above this dessert dip is delicious but super sweet. I know some people who love eating it by the spoonful (ahem… my daughter). However, I have to mix it with my favorite graham snacks. The M&M’s® Red Velvet give it that extra touch of yumminess. You can find them in the candy aisle of your local Wal-Mart.