This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Breyers. All opinions are 100% mine.
We are back to school but that doesn’t mean summer is over. The heat is on so our after school snacks are chilled and cold. Today I wanted to share with you a yummy take on a traditional ice cream sandwich, the tropical ice cream sandwich. If you love vanilla and pineapple then get ready to get your munch on.
- 2 1/4-inch thick fresh pineapple slices
- 1 cup Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 Tbsp. toasted flaked coconut
- Grill pineapple slices over low to medium heat for 90 seconds on each side. Allow to cool briefly.
- Sandwich the softened Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream between the 2 grilled slices of pineapple.
- Coat sides in toasted coconut.
- Slice in half and serve.
We love pineapple around here so mixing it with Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream and a little toasted coconut is the perfect treat for a long hot day. The crunch of the pineapple and toasted coconut is just right with the smooth, creamy ice cream.
We pick Breyers® Natural Vanilla because they use high quality ingredients with fresh cream, sugar, milk and vanilla beans. Breyers Natural Vanilla is America’s No. 1 vanilla ice cream and as a parent we now have more reasons to feel good about serving it to our families. Especially since now they source their milk and cream from cows not treated with artificial growth hormones* and they are made with real vanilla farmed from Rainforest Alliance Certified™ vanilla beans. So much yum! Breyers® products are available in grocery stores nationwide ranging from 3.99-5.99, so we can all enjoy this tasty recipe.
I love comments! Let me know if you have tried a Tropical Ice Cream Sandwich.
* Suppliers of other ingredients such as cookies, candies & sauces may not be able to make this pledge. The FDA states that no significant difference has been shown between dairy derived from rBST-treated and non-rBST-treated cows.