I was dragging out a few recipes to make up for my husband’s company Christmas party this coming weekend and thought I would share one of my favorites. This is my moms baked beans recipe and they are oh so yummy.
- 5 - 15 oz cans of Pork & Beans
- 1/2 Cup Bell Pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Onion finely chopped
- 2 LB. Hamburger
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar OR 1/4 Cup Karo Syrup one or the other not both
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire optional
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- Brown hamburger meat and drain.
- Add chopped onion, bell pepper and ketchup to simmer with hamburger in skillet.
- Once heated through add the mixture and pork & beans into your slow cooker.
- Add brown sugar (or karo syrup) and stir.
- Cook on low for at least 1 hour but can cook for longer if you want to make ahead of time.
Baked beans are usually thought of as a summer time barbecue side dish but these homemade baked beans are good anytime of the year. Plus, they are simple to make and better than any out of the can baked bean you will ever eat.
What is your favorite slow cooker side dish?