It's Fri-YAY! Well yesterday was kind of Friday for us since my daughter is off from school today. We have some serious house cleaning to do. Someone wish me luck. So for this 1st weekend of October I have a fun treat to create with the kiddos. These Frankenstein Marshmallow pops are a lot of fun to make and a lot of fun to eat too. Get your mad scientist going.
Frankenstein Marshmallow Pops
- 1 Package of Marshmallows you probably won't need them all
- Green Wilton Candy Melts
- Brown Sprinkles
- Candy Eyes
- Black Gel Icing
- You will also need lollipop sticks.
- First you will want to put the lollipop sticks into your marshmallows.
- Melt the green candy melts using a double boiler or my favorite melting pot.
- Once the candy is fully melted dip in your marshmallows and coat them with the green candy.
- Sit aside, top with your brown sprinkles and allow to cool and harden on wax paper.
- Once the pops are cooled you can then add the eyes using some extra melted candy or gel icing.
- Also use the gel icing to create a smile, stitches and bolts.
Here is a quick video of the simple steps to make these cute Frankenstein pops.
Clearly when kids are involved they don't come out looking perfect and guess what they don't have to be. They look like the perfect monsters to me.