If you are a pecan fan then today is your day for sure.
Although these pecan pie bars are not pies they are so yummy that it doesn't even matter. I actually like them even better.
Pecan Pie Bars
- 1 can 8 oz crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- ½ cup corn syrup
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and spray 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray (or use nonstick pan)
- Lay out the crescent rolls into 2 long rectangles and place in your pan; press evenly over the bottom and ½ inch up the sides. It doesn't have to be perfect!
- Press around the perforations to seal the dough.
- Bake 8 minutes.
- While baking combine the butter, corn syrup, sugar, vanilla and egg until mixed well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spread evenly over the partially baked crust.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until filling is golden brown.
- Let cool approximately 1 hour before cutting.
My husband loves pie but he isn't a fan of pie crusts so these pecan bars made with crescent rolls are perfect for having a light crust option. Plus it makes these simple and quick. It is a pecan pie in a bite-sized bar.