(This post contains affiliate links.)
This past weekend I sadly shattered one of my favorite Tarte blushes. **sad face** Luckily though broken makeup isn’t doomed to the trash can.
There is a surprisingly quick and easy way to fix these broken pieces. Keep reading to find out how to fix broken makeup and salvage your favorite blush, powder or eye shadow.
How to fix broken makeup!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Your broken product
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Small Bowl
- Toothpick or Spoon
- Something flat [I used a bottle cap]
1. First, you will want to start by placing all of your broken pieces into a separate small bowl.
2. Break all of the pieces into a fine loose powder. I used a toothpick to start with but also needed to use a spoon to squish some down and really get it broken into fine pieces.
3. Once you have your product broken start adding small amounts of alcohol. You want your product to be coated in alcohol with no dry areas but not so wet that liquid is floating.
4. Add your product back to the pan and smooth evenly. You can use clean fingers to do this or a butter knife.
5. Using a tissue, cover your product and use something flat to soak up any excess alcohol [the rest will evaporate]. This will also help flatten out your product even more.
6. Let dry overnight and you are ready to start using it again. Yay!
Have you ever fixed a broken blush, powder or eyeshadow before?