Popsicle Stick Uncle Sam – Celebrate the 4th of July with your kids and make this super cute Uncle Sam kid craft.
All you need to do is follow the simple step-by-step tutorial below to create this adorable salute to summertime.
Supplies you need for a Popsicle Stick Uncle Sam Craft
- 8 Popsicle Sticks
- Red, White, and Blue Craft Paint (Apple Barrel Paint Kit)
- Paint Brushes
- Craft Glue
- 2 Wiggly Eyes (buy in bulk for numerous crafts)
- Cotton Balls
- Cardboard or Cardstock
Start off by painting 1 craft stick red. Allow drying!
Glue on 7 plain craft sticks to your card stock or cardboard. Allow drying!
Once the sticks are dried onto your backing you can then glue on the first red stick to make his hat.
Allow that stick to dry and now you are ready to paint on the rest of the hat details.
We made a stripe of blue with stars and then red and white stripes.
Allow different colors to dry before using a different one.
Once the hat is dried you can glue on his eyes and beard. Then draw on his mouth and nose.
If you want to turn him into a magnet I recommend a .75 inch adhesive magnet to hold it up.
I have done several popsicle stick crafts in the past and they are probably some of our favorite ones to do.
They are super easy for little kids and well a lot of fun too.
EVEN MORE FUN 4TH OF JULY CRAFTS:
- 4th of July Coloring Pages
- 4th of July Firecracker Craft
- Popsicle Stick American Flag Magnet Craft
- How to make tie-dye shirts: American Flag Pattern
- 3D Popsicle Stick Popsicle Craft
- Clay Pot Uncle Sam Craft
- Uncle Sam Paper Plate Mask
Want to print these instructions?