Make your own Valentine's Day Faux Milkshake with just a few simple supplies.
These little cuties are perfect for any tiered tray decor and with just a little switch up of a few colors that can be made for any holiday.
Fake milkshake drinks for Valentine's décor is such a fun idea and works great for usages as photo props, bakery décor, Christmas décor if you like to decorate with sweet treats, and of course those hot cocoa bar setups.
Materials you will need:
- 1 - 6 or 8 oz Container of lightweight spackle* (this will make 2 faux desserts)
- Mixing bowl and a plastic knife
- 2 plastic shot cups*
- Pink acrylic paint (used Craft Smart brand “Rose”)
- Brown acrylic paint (used Apple Barrel brand “Brown Oxide”)
- Small paintbrush*
- Disposable plastic pastry bag (or a strong Ziploc-type bag)
- optional - plastic icing tip/ring*
- Paper towels*
- Paper straws*
- 4 Red wooden beads (medium-sized from multi-colored and sized variety pack)*
- Pearl beads (smallest size from the multi-sized pack)*
- 2 Red heart sparkle stickers*
- Red gemstone stickers*
- Multi-purpose spray glue*
Items with a * where purchased from the Dollar Tree. If you can't find the exact items, no worries, as long you have the spackle the embellishments can be interchanged.
How do you make a faux milkshake?
Scrape out the spackle into a plastic bowl/container and add about 2 teaspoons of pink paint. Mix well.
Add to the pastry bag and set aside.
Paint the inside of a shot cup with pink paint. Let dry for a few minutes. May need a double coat if you feel like it isn't opaque enough.
Paint the inside of a shot cup with brown paint if you want to make it as well. The made topping will be enough for both cups. Let dry for a few minutes.
Ball up a small piece of paper towel and place it into the cup.
Paint around any areas that may have wiped off from placing in the paper towel. We liked the look of a little white behind the paint as it made the milkshake look a little creamy.
Set both aside for 10 minutes or so.
If you do not have a tip for the pastry bag or have found it hard to push the spackle out with a tip, then cut a notch into the end of the bag in a “V” shape.
Hold the cup firmly with one hand, and with the other hand, squeeze the spackle out beginning around the rim and then inward in a swirling motion.
Spray a little spray glue to the top and gently press in a bead.
Cut straws about 1 ½ inch and press into the icing at an angle.
Using the smallest size heart sticker, press onto the front of the “chocolate” cup.
Cut another heart sticker of the same size into “sprinkles”. Spray a little glue spray and attach the sprinkles gently to the spackle.
On the “strawberry” cup, press a line of gemstone stickers to the top and bottom of the cup.
Spray a little spray glue to the spackle and gently press pearls.
Set aside to dry 1-2 days.
This will be fragile.
Also if you have young children you will want to watch them around this craft as it is not for human consumption.
Tips & Tricks for making a faux milkshake:
- When attaching the sticker and pearl “sprinkles” if you find it too hard to use your fingers, use craft tweezers.
- Use ventilation when using the spray glue.
- If you would like more weight to the cup, add a few marbles or small stones at the bottom of the shot cup before you put the paper towel down.
Even more fun Valentine's Day crafts you don't want to miss out on.
- No Sew Valentine's Day Rag Tie Garland
- DIY Handprint Valentine's Day Card
- Valentine Bee Mine Printable
- Farmhouse Valentine Decor
- Easy Valentine Craft for Preschoolers
- DIY Valentine Wreath Ideas
- Popsicle Stick Dog Valentine Craft for Kids
- Wriggly Heart Snake Craft
Want to print the materials and instructions for this faux milkshake craft?