These baked ravioli appetizers have the perfect amount of seasoning and are topped with your favorite pasta sauce making them a super delicious snack ready to eat in around 20 minutes.
This recipe is made so easy because it uses frozen ravioli, breaded in Italian breadcrumbs and toasted to golden, crispy perfection.
Why you’ll love this recipe!
- Baked, not fried!
- Options to use meat or meatless ravioli based on what your family enjoys.
- Finger foods that are perfect for parties and family gatherings.
- Easy and quick to make!
- Air fryer friendly!
I have mentioned before, how much we LOVE (yes with all capitals) pasta around here so it is no wonder these baked ravioli appetizers are a family favorite.
I am calling this dish an appetizer because it’s a dipper-style food that is great for parties and it is a copycat recipe of one of the Olive Garden Appetizers.
You will definitely want to add it to your holiday party menu or for game day.
With that said, we have it for dinner often with usually just a side salad.
One of the best parts about this delicious appetizer recipe is that you probably have a lot of the ingredients already on hand.
That is 100% always a bonus in my book.
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 lb package Frozen Meat Ravioli (thawed) – cheese ravioli works great if you don’t like meat-filled ones and you can also use fresh ravioli if you prefer.
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 cups Italian-style breadcrumbs – you can also add in some red pepper flakes if you like a little spice.
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce or pizza sauce – you could also use warm marinara sauce
You can also substitute regular plain breadcrumbs if you already have those on hand.
If you decide to go that route I would highly suggest mixing in some Italian seasoning or garlic salt (2 teaspoons), oregano (1 teaspoon), and basil (2 teaspoons).
The good thing about the Italian-style breadcrumbs is that it’s already mixed with these seasonings like garlic powder, onion powder, etc.
How to make Baked Ravioli Appetizers
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the pasta sauce into a saucepan and heat on low-medium.
- In a small bowl, beat the water and eggs together creating an egg mixture.
- In a second bowl, pour in the Italian breadcrumbs and set aside.
- In a third bowl, place the all-purpose flour.
- Dip each thawed ravioli into the flour, then the egg wash, and finally in the breadcrumbs.
Sometimes we even like to top them with a little parmesan cheese because pasta and parm, yum!
- Place them on a sheet pan and bake in the oven for 15 minutes of cooking time.
If you want a golden brown and crispy texture, broil them on low for approximately 5 minutes after baking them.
NOTE: Broiling can burn food fast. Be sure to watch it carefully to make sure it doesn’t burn as ovens will vary.
- Serve with the pasta sauce that you warmed up.
Some questions you may have…
Should you rinse pasta?
Do not rinse your pasta.
The starch in the water is what helps the sauce adhere to your pasta and rinsing will only prevent absorption.
The only time you should ever rinse your pasta is when you are going to use it in a cold dish like a pasta salad.
Can I cook these in the Air Fryer?
Yes, you absolutely can cook these in your air fryer.
Place them in a single layer for best results.
Do you have to boil frozen ravioli before baking?
No, you just need to allow them to thaw before baking.
More Pasta Recipes
- Three Cheese Manicotti
- 15+ Delicious Pasta Dishes
- Olive Garden Copycat Recipes
- Baked Feta Pasta Recipe
- Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
- Macaroni and Cheese Bites
Want to print or save this recipe?