Creative Uses for Old Jars

I love old jars! Whether it is old candle jars, old mason jars, bottles or food cans there are loads of ways to up cycle them. My favorite candles are the 3 wick candles from Bath and Body Works. I love the candles themselves but what I love just about as much is that they also make for some of the best up-cycled jars. Don’t throw them out! Here are some great ways you can reuse them in and around your home.

creative_uses_old_jars

Here are some of the ways I use my 3-wick candle jars for new uses.

BATHROOM SUPPLIES

{cotton balls, q-tips, cotton rounds, bath salts, etc}

I took E6000 and glued on simple knobs for the ones I use in the bathroom. I feel like it gave them that extra touch extra touch.

OFFICE & CRAFT SUPPLIES

{pens, thread, beads, buttons and other small bits}

BEAUTY SUPPLIES

{makeup brushes, makeup, hair ties, jewelry, etc}

OTHER RANDOM GOODIES

{loose change, marbles, kids small toys, etc}

These old jars would be great to hold all kinds of small bits and baubles. In the kitchen you could use them for candy, a small sugar jar, to hold your cupcake liners, etc. The ideas for what you can put in these jars are endless.

Have fun thinking of creative ways to fill your old jars!!

Loris Ayoub March 1, 2013 - 11:12 AM

love it…with a nice lid they look gorgeous

Alex[andra] March 1, 2013 - 3:32 PM

These are great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Alex[andra]
letlifebelikemusic.blogspot.ca

Susan @ homeroad.net March 2, 2013 - 12:46 PM

Hahaha Great minds think alike… I just finished writing a post for later this spring and I used the same candle jars! I also turned mine upside down, put it on a pedestal and made a cloche!
Susan

Melissa March 4, 2013 - 4:24 PM

Don’t you love those candle jars? They are the perfect size for storing all kinds of stuff. Definitely interested in seeing it as a cloche.

xoxo,
Melissa

Lisa March 5, 2013 - 1:23 AM

Such great ways to repurpose! I especially love the knob on top. Really great post. Hope you can stop by the enchanted oven.
xo,
Lisa

Cynthia Landrie March 6, 2013 - 12:03 AM

What great ideas! I love the jars with the handles on top! Smart and pretty way to recycle a jar!

I would love it if you would share this at the In and Out of the Kitchen Link party! It is for DIY, crafts and recipes. Hope to see yo there! The party is live now and runs through Wednesday at midnight!

Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

Spatulas On Parade - Dawn March 6, 2013 - 8:22 PM

Great idea and I love the beads with your makeup brushes, cute idea. Pinned
Thanks
Found you at Fun in Functional link party
Dawn

DomesticSuperhero.com March 7, 2013 - 7:16 PM

They look so great with the lids on! I love them! I would love for you to come by and link this or another project/recipe at my brand new link party!! Hope to see you! http://domesticsuperhero.com/2013/03/07/domestic-superhero-sharing-thursday-1

Jessi @ Practically Functional March 10, 2013 - 3:12 AM

Great ideas! And those jars are perfect, I might have to get myself some giant candles and start burning them!

Melissa March 14, 2013 - 10:59 PM

That’s the plus, the slatkin candles are great. 🙂

xoxo,
Melissa

Chris September 27, 2019 - 5:53 PM

I made candy dishes out of these for my managers at work. I cut and glued a strip of Christmas fabric around the outside, put a knob on top and filled them with Christmas treats that I made. I have dozens of these jars.