Create a Stegosaurus or Apatosaurus paper plate dinosaur craft with your kids this Valentine’s Day. Super cute and simple craft for everyone to enjoy.
This post contains affiliate links.
Today’s crafting with kids post is paper plate valentine crafts.
We are making a super cute paper plate dinosaur craft.
These require very little in the way of supplies and are a whole lot of fun to make for everyone.
All you need is 1 paper plate per dinosaur and some paint. Yep, that’s it! Oh, and if you wanted wiggly eyes, those too.
The daughter and I painted ours for Valentine’s Day but you, of course, could choose any color of the rainbow.
I added a couple of photos to show you how we cut the dinosaur paper plates for each one.
Paper Plate Dinosaur Craft Instructions
What you will need:
The first part is to cut the paper plate in half.
One half is the body and the other half will be used to create the rest of the dinosaur pieces.
Cut around the outside of one half and use the part with the ripples to make the dinosaurs plates.
Then you can use the leftover to cut out the head, tail, and feet.
The picture below will show you the cuts we made for the stegosaurus.
(or when I was little he was called the Brontosaurus I believe)
Like the Stegosaurus, the apatosaurus starts out with the paper plate cut in half.
One half is the body and the other half is used for the rest of the dinosaur.
We cut the edging of the plate for the neck and tail and used the leftover for the head and legs.
Once again, the picture below shows how we cut them out.
These were so fun to make.
You could paint them any colors you liked the best and do other dinosaurs as well.
A T-rex paper plate dinosaur craft would be super cute.
Check out these other awesome paper plate dinosaur ideas.
Good Dinosaur Paper Plate Craft >>> Simply Today Life
You can easily make these into face puppets as well by creating holes for eyes and tying a string around or adding a popsicle stick at the bottom. – Simply Today Life
Dinosaur Mask >>> Mom.Me
Paper Plate Dragons >>> Pink Stripey Socks
If you have a dragon lover at home, then you’ll love this craft too. I’ve even included a template so that you can easily make these paper plate dragons with your little ones too! – Pink Stripey Socks
Dinosaurs with Templates >>> Learn with Play at Home
Here’s an activity for all the dinosaur-loving kids out there. These paper plate-a-sauruses are based on the real species and all feature a colourful paper plate body with a paper cut-out head, legs and tail. They can help kids learn the real names of the dinosaurs and also have a fun, messy art and craft element to them. – Learn with Play at Home
These crafts can also be paired with some super cute dinosaur books. Would be great for a homeschool unit study.
Even more fun dinosaur crafts
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00QXKMZMM” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”thgisli03-20″]Decorate-Your-Own Dinosaur Figurines Craft Kit[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B009B7M44I” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”thgisli03-20″]Scratch Art Color-Reveal Pictures Activity Book: Dinosaurs[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B01H4C8UZ8″ locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”thgisli03-20″]Ultimate Dinosaur Play Sand[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B01KKPU88I” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”thgisli03-20″]Prehistoric Reusable Sticker Pad[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00KNB0P7O” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”thgisli03-20″]Kids Wood Ornament Kit Dinosaur[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00200JX3S” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”thgisli03-20″]Smithsonian Diggin’ Up Dinosaurs T-Rex[/easyazon_link]
If you enjoyed this paper plate dinosaur craft post you also might like…