This popsicle stick elf craft is perfect for getting into the spirit of the holiday season. Now that the kids are on Christmas break, pull out the art supplies and get to creating this Santa’s little helper.
If your house has the Elf on the Shelf tradition, a fun and easy idea would be for him/her to bring the art supplies for this popsicle stick elf. Speaking of supplies, here is what you will need and the super easy details to create it.
This post contains affiliate links.
- Popsicle Sticks (8)
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B0033F2MCI” locale=”US” tag=”thgisli03-20″]Small Popsicle Sticks[/easyazon_link] (4)
- Wiggley Eyes (Dollar Tree)
- Black Sharpie
- Craft Glue
- Red and Green Construction Paper
- Christmas Poms (Dollar Tree)
- Stock Card
- Magnet (optional)
- Start off by gluing a piece of stock card on to the back of your craft sticks. If you are working with younger kids it might be easier to just glue them straight to a piece of construction paper.
- Cut out your hat and collar pieces using the red and green construction paper.
- Attack them with craft glue onto the elf body.
- Using the 4 mini craft sticks create the elf ears. Set aside to allow to dry.
- While your ears are drying you can finish up the rest of the elf by adding some pom poms to the hat and collar. This is, of course, optional but I always like to add different embellishments when crafting, especially with little kids. They love it! At this point, you can also go ahead and glue on the eyes and use the sharpie draw on a nose and mouth.
- The last step is to glue on the ears. Once you have done that you are done with these super adorable popsicle stick elf craft.
- If you want to turn him into a magnet I recommend a .75 inch adhesive magnet to hold it up. You could also attach some ribbon and turn him into an ornament.