Create this super cute Popsicle Stick Grinch with your kids this holiday season. A perfect pairing with the classic book and movie.
You can read along to the classic How the Grinch Stole Christmas book or watch the classic short film all while sharing this little craft with your kids.
This easy Popsicle Stick Craft is great for toddlers, preschoolers, and kids of all ages. Yes, even adults too!
Supplies you will need:
- Popsicle Sticks (11)
- Green Craft Paint
- Black Sharpie
- White and Blue Paint Pens
- Craft Glue
- Red and White Construction Paper
- Magnet (optional)
How to make a popsicle stick grinch craft for kids!
- Start off by using 3 popsicle sticks cut down to support the back of the other 8. I have used cardstock in the past and it works but I have found that supporting with craft sticks works a little better.
- Once the glue is dry you can flip over the craft and paint the entire front a grinchy green, very technical color. Haha!
- Using your red and white construction paper, cut out the Santa hat and glue the white pieces onto the red. This doesn’t have to be perfect as the Grinch didn’t cut out his fabric hat perfectly either.
- Now take a little craft glue to attach the hat and using a black sharpie draw on the Grinch’s face. We chose to make a happy Grinch. You can do the same or make his sly look.
- Finish up your Grinch with some white and blue in the eyes and to add a little dimension to the hat with a sharpie.
- Finally, if you want to turn him into a magnet I recommend a .75 inch adhesive magnet to hold it up. You could also attach some ribbon and turn him into an ornament.
Even more adorable Christmas popsicle stick crafts you don’t want to miss this year.
- Popsicle Stick Snowman Craft
- Popsicle Stick Santa Craft
- Popsicle Stick Reindeer Craft
- Popsicle Stick Mouse King
- Popsicle Stick Nutcracker
- Popsicle Stick Elf
- Popsicle Stick Christmas Window
Want to print these Popsicle Stick Grinch Instructions?