The best gifts for college students that they’ll actually want to use!
If you are looking for a gift that is suited for your new college student, soon to be a college student, or a family member or friend that is one then look no further. These gift ideas are just what they have been looking for.
There are so many trends and fads that come and go nowadays that sometimes choosing the right gift for a young adult can seem impossible.
Especially one that takes into account what they would like to get with what you know they probably actually need.
Luckily these gifts for college students contain a wide assortment of basic living necessities with those gadgets that are also fun and functional.
This list includes a wide variety of price points so that everyone is sure to find something that will fit their gifting budget.
What college students want for Christmas? (or when they are headed back to school)
Best Gifts for College Students
- 1) Portable Charger \\ Help them avoid that dreaded dead battery while at class or on the go with a portable battery charger.
- 2) Backpack \\ A backpack, although maybe not thought of as a desired gift, is truly one that all college students need. It keeps all their essentials easily and readily accessible.
- 3) Noise Canceling Headphones \\ Make sure they get some distraction-free studying in by gifting them some noise-canceling headphones, plus they always come in handy to listen to music too.
- 4) Single Serve Coffee Maker \\ We all know the college students have to have their coffee before any early morning classes. Save them some money from hitting up the local cafe every day by picking up this single-serve coffee maker.
- 5) Fire TV Stick \\ Students can access all their favorite streaming services through one simple device. You could even through in a yearly subscription to their favorite streaming service.
- 6) Laptop Cooling Pad \\ One of the best things about laptops is that they are portable and you can literally use them in your lap. One of the worst things, they easily overheat because of the way people tend to use them. This laptop cooling pad comes in handy for those situations.
- 7) Extra Long Charging Cords \\ You never know where you are going to have to plug in your phone when it comes to the dorm rooms, library, etc. Having long cords keeps your phone still in arm’s reach.
- 8) Microwave Popcorn Popper \\ This popcorn popper lets students make healthy snacks. You could also gift them a basket of kernels and their favorite seasonings. The popper folds down for easy storage, which is perfect in dorm room living.
- 9) Planner \\ After a year like 2020 we might not feel like planning much but college students still need to keep track of their assignments, bills, and more.
- 10) Underbed Storage Bags \\ Dorm room and small apartment living calls for all the clever storage solutions. These under-the-bed storage bags are a great answer to that lack of room.
- 11) Bedside Caddy \\ Sometimes you just want to keep all the essentials handy and if your dorm room or small apartment doesn’t allow for a bedside table these caddies do the trick. It offers compartments for a phone, books, pens, and even your laptop.
- 12) Wireless Charging Desk Lamp \\ If you do get lucky and are able to have a bedside table then one of these wireless charging desk lamps is a must. You can have all the light you need and charge your phone at the same time.
- 13) Amazon Prime Membership \\ An Amazon Prime membership provides free, two-day shipping on thousands of Amazon products. College students can also save money by renting textbooks through Amazon’s rental service, with semester-long or short-term rental agreements. Prime members also gain access to movies and TV shows, music, and thousands of e-books.
- 14) Insulated Water Bottle \\ This insulated water bottle keeps cold drinks cold for 24 hours and hot drinks hot for 12 hours. Great for taking your water or coffee to class with you.
- 15) Personal Safe \\ A personal safe from Master Lock lets you store away important items, like a smartphone, credit cards, cash, or identification. Great when you often have to share a room or apartment with someone you may have just met.
- 16) Google Home or Alexa \\ Your favorite student can be entertained – Ask Alexa to show you movie trailers, TV shows, movies, or the news. Or listen to radio stations, podcasts, and audiobooks.
- 17) Snack Care Package \\ This variety pack includes popular snack items that are perfect for grabbing while running out the door to class. This ready-made care package includes salty, sweet, and savory snacks.
- 18) Reusable Dry Erase Sticky Notes \\ These dry-erase sticky notes provide a reusable way to take notes, write reminders, and keep track of assignments.
- 19) Comfy Throw \\ Snuggle up in pure softness with the AmazonBasics Micromink Sherpa Blanket. This coveted faux fur throw is all you need on a chilly night to engulf yourself in warmth.
- 20) Bluetooth Speaker \\ A Bluetooth speaker lets students set the right soundtrack for studying or hanging out with their friends. It is portable so they can even take it with them where they may need it.
- 21) Smart Notebook \\ Take note-taking to the next level with this smart notebook by Rocketbook. Erasable pages mean no more wasting paper.
- 22) Stun Gun & Flashlight Combo \\ One way to help keep the student in your life safer is by getting them this stun gun that doubles as an LED flashlight.
- 23) Blue Light Blocking Glasses \\ Computer screens, phones, and tablets all emit blue light. This blue light can disrupt sleep cycles and cause eye strain. These stylish glasses filter out all that harmful light. Even a great idea to grab a pair for yourself.
- 24) Smartphone Printer \\ A smartphone printer lets students print pictures directly from their phones. Students can add fun filters and frames to their photos to create decorations for a dorm room and share memories with friends.
- 25) Electronics Organizer \\ This electronics organizer lets students pack away all their chargers, cables, and devices in one convenient place. It’s ideal for traveling but is also useful for reducing clutter in a dorm room or small apartment.
- 26) Bluetooth Tracker Tiles \\ Heading off to college means more responsibilities, including keeping track of important items like keys. Tile Essentials lets students put a tracker on a variety of items and use a smartphone app to find them if they get misplaced.
- 27) Audible Membership \\ Audible definitely makes for one of the best gifts for college students. Students can access a selection of thousands of Audible Originals, audiobooks, and podcasts including exclusive series.
- 28) Apple Watch \\ The Apple Watch can keep students connected to texts and calls. The watch also tracks fitness goals and can sync with a student’s library of music, audiobooks, and podcasts.
- 29) Mini Projector \\ Students can enjoy their favorite movies, TV shows, and more up to 100 inches big anywhere in a dorm, apartment, or when at home thanks to Capsule’s soda can-sized design.
- 30) Suitcase \\ This suitcase easily accommodates clothes for a weekend away.
If you found these best gifts for college students useful you don’t want to miss these other posts!