Here are some of the most creative Cinco de Mayo crafts, activities, decorations, and recipes to celebrate this fun and festive holiday with your family!
All of these projects and recipes require simple supplies and/or ingredients and take almost no time at all to complete.
Cinco de Mayo is celebrated on May 5th every year.
A little back story…
It is a holiday that celebrates the date of the Mexican army’s 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War.
Although most of us (especially here in the US) don’t celebrate for the actual reason for the holiday, it does give us the perfect opportunity to teach our children about Mexican culture.
What better way to do that than through creating fun and easy kid-friendly crafts and recipes.
Today I am sharing with you 12 of my favorites. I hope you enjoy them!
Cinco De Mayo recipes and crafts
Of course, you don’t always have to DIY to have all the fun. Here are some of our favorite Cinco De Mayo items you can purchase to get your fiesta celebrating today.
- Mexican Fiesta Photo Booth Props
- Cinco de Mayo Fiesta Necklaces Bead
- Cinco de Mayo Cookie Cutter Set
- Drink If Game – Cinco de Mayo – Mexican Fiesta Party Game
- Festive Large Plastic Mexican Papel Picado Banner
- Cinco De Mayo Fiesta Tissue Pom Paper Flowers
- Fiesta Themed Party Pack
Don’t miss out on these other fun crafts too!
- Handmade Mother’s Day Cards
- Present Folding Surprise Printable Card
- Summer Crafts for Kids
- 4th of July Crafts for Kids
- DIY Father’s Day Card Origami Shirt and Tie