Build your own large candle holder for under $25 and 30 minutes of your free time.
I have been on the hunt for a large floor candle holder for quite some time now.
I found some at a few different department stores but they have always been anywhere from $45 dollars on up.
I guess that price for a large candle holder isn’t so bad but if you buy more than one that adds up quickly.
So I figure the next best thing is to build one myself and you can build one as well for under $25 and 30 minutes of your time.
Supplies You will Need!
- (1) Traditional Wood Table Leg
- (1) 8″ Pine Circle Plaque
- (1) 6″ Pine Circle Plaque
- (1) 3″ Pine Circle Plaque
- (2) Flat head screws
- Stain or Spray Paint
The plaques can be bought at Michael’s craft store and we bought the table leg at Lowes.
Directions to build a DIY large candle holder!
- First, you will want to measure out the center of the 8″ round plaque.
- Once you have found the center, drill a small hole to allow for your screw to go through without any splitting.
- Turn over your table leg and drill a small hole into the center as well. The table leg will actually be flipped from its normal use.
- Now that you have drilled your pilot holes you can then drill your screw through the plaque and into the bottom of the table leg.
- Repeat the process with the other plaques, find the centers of both plaques and make small pilot holes to guide your screw.
- You will also need to make a small hole in the top of the table leg.
- Attach your 6″ and 3″ plaques together, flat sides facing up, and screw into the top of the table leg.
- Finish the candle holder off with your favorite stain or spray paint.
You will want to use flat head screws so that the table will sit flush and as well the top will allow a candle to sit flush.
Even more DIY projects you don’t want to miss!
- DIY Rustic Wooden Lantern
- DIY Wooden Bead Garlands
- Incredibly Simple DIY Shop Stool Plans!
- How to make DIY bed risers!
- DIY Multipanel Mirror – High End Look for Less!
- DIY Mail Organizer
- DIY Small Open Shelving
Want to save or print these instructions?
Friday 12th of September 2014
This is a great idea. These look good, too. I'll have to try this at my new apartment.
Tuesday 19th of August 2014
that looks great.. might have to steal that one day