Looking for an easy way to celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday on March 2nd? How about this simple and cute popsicle stick Cat in the Hat craft.
This craft is perfect for even the littlest crafters to join in on the fun.
Supplies you will need!
- Popsicle Sticks (jumbo and regular)
- Red and White Craft Paint
- Craft Glue
- Construction Paper (optional)
- Magnet (optional)
- paint brushes and the paper plate for paint
How to make a Popsicle Stick Cat in the Hat Craft!
How you start will depend on how you want to do this craft. If you are crafting will small children I would recommend gluing the sticks onto a piece of construction paper.
You could also make this a completely mess-free option by pre-painting the sticks for them or purchasing red and white craft sticks. If you allow them to paint the sticks I would do this prior to gluing them onto the construction paper.
The following instructions and helpful images are how we created this specific popsicle stick cat in the hat craft but it is pretty self-explanatory either way.
- Line up 2 of the jumbo popsicle sticks and 12 of the regular size sticks.
Using 2 additional jumbo sticks glue them down each side of the hat. This will give your hat craft support. If you don't want to do this step then just glue them on a piece of paper like I mentioned above.
- Paint your hat with red and white craft paint alternating the colors.
If you are going to glue them on the construction paper I suggest painting them before gluing. You don't want your paper to have paint streaks all over it.
- Allow the craft to dry and you are done. Super simple craft right? This is why I said it makes a great craft idea for even the littlest kiddos.
- Finally, like I mention in almost all of my popsicle stick craft posts if you want to turn this hat into a magnet I recommend using a .75 inch adhesive magnet to hold it up.
- Dr. Seuss Classroom Door Decorations
- Dr. Seuss Quotes for Kids
- Easy Dr. Seuss Crafts & Snacks
- Dr. Seuss Crafts for Preschool
- Fox in Socks Dr. Seuss Kid Crafts
- Green Eggs and Ham Pretzels – Dr. Seuss Snack
- Cat in the Hat – Paper Plate Craft
Want to print or save this Popsicle Stick Cat in the Hat Craft Instructions?