This Wendy’s Chili recipe is a perfect copycat version for any Wendy’s chili lover. A great dish to curl up with by the fire for dinner.
This post contains affiliate links.
I am a Goldilocks kind of chili lover. I want mine not too thick but not too watery either.
This copycat Wendy’s chili recipe is just right. Also, did you know it is gluten-free?
I love Wendy’s chili but to be honest when I want chili I’m usually wanting to be at home and cuddled under the blankets while eating it. That is why I love this copycat recipe.
I can make it at home without having to get out of my pajamas, assuming I have all the ingredients.
Speaking of ingredients here is what you will need to make some for yourself.
Ingredients you will need:
- 2 lbs Hamburger
- 2 cans tomato sauce (15oz cans)
- 2 cans kidney beans (w/ liquid)
- 2 cans pinto beans (w/ liquid)
- 1 cup diced onion (medium sized)
- 1/2 cup diced green chili (1-2 chilies)
- 1/4 cup diced celery (1 stalk)
- 3 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- Brown beef & drain (chop into pea-size bits)
- Combine all ingredients.
- If you are using a regular pot bring to a simmer over low heat and cook approximately 2-3 hours, stirring every 15 minutes. You can also use a crockpot (my preference), 6-8 hours on the low setting.
Great served with all your favorite toppings such as shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and oyster crackers.
Plus you can make a double batch and freeze the leftovers for a quick easy meal later on in the month.
When we make chili we also love to have this Copycat Boston Market Cornbread. It goes perfectly with this chili dish.
- Cooks Standard Stainless Steel Stockpot with Lid, 12-QT
- Instant Pot 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker & Slow Cooker
- Set of 2 Rustic Farmhouse Country Stoneware Distressed Soup and Side Bowls With Handles
- Spring Chef Magnetic Measuring Spoons Set, Dual Sided, Stainless Steel, Fits in Spice Jars
- J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL Classic Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- The Pampered Chef Mix N Chop
- KitchenAid Nylon Ladle
- 12 oz Paper Cups – Great for carrying chili for lunch
Want to print this recipe?
If you enjoyed this Wendy’s Chili Recipe you might also like…