This Wendy’s Chili recipe is a perfect copycat version for any Wendy’s chili lover. A great dish to curl up with by the fire for dinner.
This post contains affiliate links.
I am a Goldilocks kind of chili lover. I want mine not too thick but not too watery either.
This copycat Wendy’s chili recipe is just right. Also, did you know it is gluten-free?
I love Wendy’s chili but to be honest when I want chili I’m usually wanting to be at home and cuddled under the blankets while eating it. That is why I love this copycat recipe.
I can make it at home without having to get out of my pajamas, assuming I have all the ingredients.
Speaking of ingredients here is what you will need to make some for yourself.
Ingredients you will need for copycat Wendy’s Chili
- 2 lbs Hamburger
- 2 cans of tomato sauce (15oz cans)
- 2 cans kidney beans (w/ liquid)
- 2 cans pinto beans (w/ liquid)
- 1 cup diced onion (medium-sized)
- 1/2 cup diced green chili (1-2 chilies)
- 1/4 cup diced celery (1 stalk)
- 3 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups of water
Yes, there are several ingredients in this chili, but you can put this recipe together in no time.
You won’t be disappointed when you make a delicious bowl of this amazing chili from scratch.
- Brown beef & drain (chop into pea-size bits)
- Combine all ingredients.
- If you are using a regular pot bring to a simmer over low heat and cook approximately 2-3 hours, stirring every 15 minutes. You can also use a crockpot (my preference), 6-8 hours on the low setting.
Great served with all your favorite toppings such as shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and oyster crackers.
This Wendy’s chili recipe is a great recipe to prep the night before.
Allow it to simmer on low in the crockpot while you’re at work, school, etc.
Just in time for dinner, you will have an amazing, hearty meal ready to go.
Wendy’s chili may have several ingredients but truthfully it is a simple go-to for many families and the flavor is familiar and inviting. It makes you want to go have a bowlful right now.
Plus you can make a double batch and freeze the leftovers for a quick easy meal later on in the month.
When we make chili we also love to have this Copycat Boston Market Cornbread. It goes perfectly with this chili dish.
Here are some useful tools in making this Wendy’s Chili Recipe.
- Cooks Standard Stainless Steel Stockpot with Lid, 12-QT
- Instant Pot 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker & Slow Cooker
- Set of 2 Rustic Farmhouse Country Stoneware Distressed Soup and Side Bowls With Handles
- Spring Chef Magnetic Measuring Spoons Set, Dual Sided, Stainless Steel, Fits in Spice Jars
- J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL Classic Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- The Pampered Chef Mix N Chop
- KitchenAid Nylon Ladle
- 12 oz Paper Cups – Great for carrying chili for lunch
Want to print this recipe?
If you enjoyed this Wendy’s Chili Recipe you might also like…