This Wendy’s Chili recipe is an easy to follow, spot-on, copycat version for any Wendy’s chili lover to make it at home.
A great dish to curl up with by the fire for dinner.
This post contains affiliate links.
I am a Goldilocks kind of chili lover.
I want mine not too thick but not too watery either.
This copycat Wendy’s chili recipe is just right and a no brainer. It’s delish!
Also, did you know it is gluten-free?
I love Wendy’s chili, but to be honest, when I want chili I’m usually wanting to be at home where I am cuddled under the blankets while eating it.
That is why I love this copycat wendy’s chili recipe.
I can make it at home without having to get out of my pajamas, that is assuming I have all the ingredients.
Speaking of ingredients here is what you will need and how to make a batch for yourself.
What ingredients are in Wendy’s Chili?
- 2 lbs Hamburger
- 2 cans of tomato sauce
- 2 cans kidney beans
- 2 cans pinto beans
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green chili
- 1/4 cup diced celery (1 stalk)
- 3 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups of water
Yes, there are several ingredients and seasonings in this chili, but you can put this recipe together in no time.
You won’t be disappointed when you make a delicious bowl of this amazing just like Wendy’s chili from scratch.
How does Wendy’s make their chili?
- Brown beef & drain (chop into pea-size bits)
- Combine all ingredients.
- If you are using a regular pot bring to a simmer over low heat and cook approximately 2-3 hours, stirring every 15 minutes. You can also use a [easyazon_link identifier=”B004P2NG0K” locale=”US” tag=”thgisli03-20″]crockpot[/easyazon_link] (my preference), 6-8 hours on the low setting.
Great served with all your favorite toppings such as shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and oyster crackers.
This Wendy’s chili recipe is a great recipe to prep the night before.
Allow it to simmer on low in the crockpot while you’re at work, school, etc.
Just in time for dinner, you will have an amazing, hearty meal ready to go.
Wendy’s copycat chili may have several ingredients but truthfully it is a simple go-to for many families and the flavor is familiar and inviting.
It makes you want to go have a bowlful right now.
Plus you can make a double batch and freeze the leftovers for a quick easy meal later on in the month.
When we make chili we also love to have this Copycat Boston Market Cornbread.
It goes perfectly with this chili dish.
Here are some useful tools in making this Wendy’s Copycat Chili Recipe.
- Cooks Standard Stainless Steel Stockpot with Lid, 12-QT
- Instant Pot 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker & Slow Cooker
- Set of 2 Rustic Farmhouse Country Stoneware Distressed Soup and Side Bowls With Handles
- Spring Chef Magnetic Measuring Spoons Set, Dual Sided, Stainless Steel, Fits in Spice Jars
- J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL Classic Hollow Edge Santoku Knife
- The Pampered Chef Mix N Chop
- KitchenAid Nylon Ladle
- 12 oz Paper Cups – Great for carrying chili for lunch
Want to print this recipe?
If you enjoyed this Wendy’s Chili Recipe you might also like…