This handprint Christmas tree is the perfect craft to get your kids involved in during the holiday season. If you have multiple kids it would look darling strung up along a fireplace.
We also think this Christmas tree craft would be a fun classroom idea. You could string a whole forest of lighted trees up along the whiteboard. Super cute!
We just love homemade gifts over here at Today’s Creative Ideas. Not only do ones like this handprint Christmas tree keep the memories of years gone by but it also lets someone feel extra special because rather than giving a store-bought present, you chose to put in your time creating something.
This Christmas craft is super simple and great for even preschool kids too. Be sure to write the date on the back so you can remember how small their hands once were.
Supplies you will need:
(This post contains affiliate links.)
- Brown and Green Construction Paper
- Craft Glue
- Markers (or pom poms)
- Star (yellow construction paper or small wooden star)
How to make a handprint Christmas tree!
- Start off by tracing each hand on a piece of green construction paper.
- Also, cut out a rectangle of the brown construction paper for the tree base.
- Turn the handprints upside down and glue them onto the base.
- Now you are ready to attach the star and using markers draw on the ornaments, garland, etc. You could also draw on the star too. Another alternative is using pom poms for the ornaments.
- Finally, if you want to turn this handprint Christmas tree into an ornament attack some ribbon. Our star has some holes in it but you could also hole punch a spot at the top to attach the ribbon.
Looking for even more Christmas craft ideas? Be sure to check these out too!
- Cinnamon Stick and Scrap Fabric Christmas Tree Ornament Craft
- Felt Christmas Candle Ornament
- Clay Pot Elf Craft
- Clothespin Poinsettia Ornament Craft
- Popsicle Stick Santa Craft
- Popsicle Stick Nutcracker Craft for Kids
- Popsicle Stick Reindeer Craft
- Popsicle Stick Grinch Craft
- Salt Dough Footprint Reindeer Ornaments
Want to save or print these easy instructions for making a handprint Christmas tree?