This 7UP Pound Cake is an old fashioned southern recipe that is as yummy as it is flavorful.
This easy, lemony bundt cake recipe is moist and delicious. A classic party and potluck favorite.
How do you make a 7UP Pound Cake from scratch?
Ingredients you will need:
- 3 Sticks Butter (softened)
- 3 Cups of Sugar
- 5 Eggs
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Extract
- 3/4 Cup 7UP
- 1 1/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
Instructions for 7UP Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease your bundt pan taking extra care in the corners.
- Cream your butter and sugar together, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add in your eggs, beating them in one at a time.
- Add your flour (a cup or so at a time) and lemon extract.
- Fold in your 7UP.
- Pour your mixture into your bundt pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour. Depending on your oven you may have to bake a little longer.
- Mix powdered sugar and milk together.
- When the cake is completely cooled, dribble with glaze.
It is that time of the year where we are all beginning to think about bikini weather so substituting some of our favorite dishes like 7UP pound cake for something a little more weight conscious is always a plus.
Here is an easy substitute for a skinny 7UP pound cake that is just as delicious.
7UP Pound Cake Using Cake Mix
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Can 7UP TEN
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray your bundt pan, greasing well.
Mix together the 7UP TEN and cake mix until smooth.
Cook for approximately 1 hour or until cake comes out clean.
You can dust this cake lightly with powdered sugar for a little extra sweetness.
What I love about both of these cakes, the traditional southern version or the skinnier version is that you can use 7UP TEN in both which is a great less calorie option but taste just as full-flavored as regular 7UP.
Can I substitute Sprite for 7UP?
Yes, you can substitute any kind of lemon-lime soda in place of the 7-Up like Sprite.
Want to print this recipe?
If you enjoyed this 7UP Pound Cake recipe then you might like these other delicious cake recipes as well.
- Double Fudge Coke Cola Cake
- Best Strawberry Sheet Cake
- Banana Pudding Poke Cake
- Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
- Best Homemade Pumpkin Cake
- Mixed Berry Dump Cake
- Coconut Cream Poke Cake
- Cookie Dough Cake