Marry Me Chicken is a tantalizing dish that effortlessly combines bold flavors to create a culinary love affair.
This easy Marry Me Chicken recipe is sure to win over your date's heart!
Not only is it a family favorite, it only needs a handful of simple ingredients, but it's also a romantic meal perfect to serve for any date night, special occasion, or busy weeknight meal.
Juicy chicken pieces are cooked in a flavorful cream sauce with sun-dried tomatoes and grated parmesan cheese and served over pasta or rice.
So, if you’re looking for a romantic meal to impress your sweetheart this week, you can't go wrong with this delicious Marry Me Chicken.
Make it in just 30 minutes for a memorable evening!
Whether you're a culinary novice or a seasoned chef, Marry Me Chicken promises a flavorful journey that will have your taste buds saying, "Yes, I do!"
This recipe is low-carb, gluten-free, and keto-friendly.
What is Marry Me Chicken?
Marry Me Chicken is a flavor-packed, crowd-pleasing chicken dish that is quick and easy to make.
A creamy sun-dried tomato sauce coats the tender sautéed chicken breasts and parmesan cheese takes this meal to the next level!
It has become so popular that some people say it can even win someone's heart - which is why it was given such a unique name in the first place!
Why you'll love this recipe!
- Minimal Cleanup: With only one pot to deal with, cleaning up becomes a breeze. Say goodbye to a sink full of dishes and hello to more quality time spent enjoying your meal.
- Elevated Romance: Marry Me Chicken, with its name and gourmet flair, adds a touch of romance to your date night. It's a dish that tells a story and sets the mood for a special occasion.
- Flavor Fusion: It orchestrates a symphony of flavors—savory chicken, creamy sauce, zesty sundried tomatoes, and the perfect marriage of herbs and spices.
- Simple Elegance: Despite its gourmet taste, the recipe is surprisingly easy to whip up (quick 30-minute meal), making it perfect for both weekday dinners and special occasions.
- Adaptable Choices: Whether you prefer chicken breasts or thighs, olive oil or avocado oil, this recipe welcomes substitutions, letting you tailor it to your taste.
- Versatility: Serve it over pasta, rice, or with crusty bread—this dish is versatile enough to complement various sides.
- Pure Comfort: It's the kind of dish that wraps you in warmth and comfort, making every bite a reminder of the joy that good food brings.
Ingredients you will need for Marry Me Chicken
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (olive oil or vegetable oil will work too) - Serves as the cooking medium, adding a healthy fat base and enhancing the overall mouthfeel of the dish.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (can substitute skinless chicken thighs) - The star of the show, providing the protein foundation. Chicken breasts are lean and absorb the flavors of the sauce beautifully.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper - Seasonings that bring out the natural flavors of the chicken and add depth to the dish.
- ½ teaspoon fresh chopped basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme (or fresh thyme) - Herbs that infuse the dish with aromatic notes, contributing to the overall freshness and complexity of flavors.
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes - Adds a subtle heat, balancing the richness of the cream and cheese and providing a hint of spice.
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced (you could also substitute garlic powder) - Introduces a pungent and savory element, elevating the overall taste.
- ¾ cup chicken broth - Acts as the liquid base, forming the foundation of the sauce and imparting a savory depth to the dish.
- ½ cup heavy cream - Creates a luscious, creamy sauce that coats the chicken, adding richness and a velvety texture.
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped - Infuses a sweet and tangy flavor, bringing a burst of brightness to the dish.
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated - Enhances the creaminess of the sauce and contributes a salty, umami flavor. It also helps thicken the sauce and adds a delightful cheesy note.
How to Make Easy Marry Me Chicken Recipe!
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Add oil to a large skillet, preferably cast iron, on medium to medium-high heat.
Add salt, pepper, basil, thyme, and crushed red pepper to a small bowl. Stir to combine.
Season both sides of the chicken breast with the seasoning mixture.
Cook the seasoned chicken breasts in the preheated cast iron skillet for 3-4 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
Add minced garlic to the hot skillet and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Pour in the chicken stock to deglaze the pan, and use a wooden spoon to scrape off any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the skillet.
Pour in the heavy cream. Stir to incorporate.
Stir in parmesan cheese.
Add chopped sundried tomatoes and stir to combine. Allow sauce to come to a low simmer.
Add chicken breasts back into the skillet and spoon a little creamy sauce over the chicken.
Place skillet in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until chicken is cooked to 165 degrees F.
Enjoy warm served over a bed of pasta, or with a side of rice or mashed potatoes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Marry Me Chicken Spicy?
Not really, it does have crushed red pepper in the dish which could add a little spice depending on your taste buds but I would consider it very mild on the spice level.
What sides go with Marry Me Chicken?
Is there a substitute for heavy cream?
Yes, you can use alternatives like half-and-half, whole milk, or a non-dairy option like coconut milk for a lighter twist.
Can I make this dish in advance?
While it's best enjoyed fresh, you can prepare components like chopping herbs and sundried tomatoes ahead. Finish the cooking and assembly closer to serving time for the best taste and texture.
Can I freeze leftovers?
While the texture of the sauce may change slightly upon reheating, you can freeze leftovers in an airtight container for up to a month. Thaw and reheat gently on the stove.
Marry Me Chicken Recipe
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add oil to a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add salt, pepper, basil, thyme, and crushed red pepper to a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Season both sides of the chicken breast with the seasoning mixture.
- Cook the seasoned chicken breasts in the preheated cast iron skillet for 3-4 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add minced garlic to the hot skillet and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Pour in chicken stock to deglaze the pan, and use a wooden spoon to scrape off any brown bits stuck to the bottom of the skillet.
- Pour in the heavy cream. Stir to incorporate.
- Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Add chopped sundried tomatoes and stir to combine. Allow sauce to come to a low simmer.
- Add chicken breasts back into the skillet and spoon a little sauce over the chicken.
- Place skillet in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until chicken is cooked to 165 degrees F. Enjoy warm served over a bed of pasta, or with a side of rice or mashed potatoes.