Make this simple, easy paper chain advent calendar to countdown to the big day. Includes a free bell printable!
This post contains affiliate links.
Even if you are just seeing these a few days after the first it is never too late to make a good ole paper chain advent calendar. Still, plenty of days to count down.
My daughter has done lots of different advent calendars from Hallmark radios and the North Pole communicators to Lego Advent calendars but our favorites are always the old fashion paper chain.
Plus they are economical when you are already spending all your monies this time of year.
This is the type that I always had as a kid growing up and it was so exciting watching the chain get shorter and shorter.
Supplies You will need:
- Construction Paper (red and green, 2 sheets each)
- Bell (CLICK HERE TO PRINT)
- Hole Punch
Directions for creating a paper chain advent calendar.
1. Print and cut out your bell.
2. Cut out your strips of paper. At this point, if you would like you can write some fun things to do each day of the countdown on the strips. Here are some great ideas to get you started.
3. Attach the first piece of paper using a stapler onto the bell.
4. Continue to attach the rest of the pieces using a stapler, switching up the colors as you go along.
5. Punch a hole into the top of the bell and attach the string.
6. Countdown to Christmas by removing a strip of paper each day.
How do you and your family countdown to Christmas?
Leave me a comment, I would love to hear about how you and your family countdown to Christmas or all the holiday traditions you would add to the strips each day.
Other great paper chain advent calendars we love and recommend.
If you enjoyed this paper chain advent calendar then you will want to stick around and check out these other great Christmas posts too.
- Christmas Advent Calendar & DIY Ideas to Countdown to Christmas!
- DIY Christmas Ornaments
- Santa Beard Christmas Countdown
- Candy Countdown to Christmas
- Free Christmas Coloring Pages
- Christmas Science Experiments
- Handprint Christmas Tree Craft
Want to print this Paper Chain Advent Calendar tutorial?