4th of July is just right around the corner so we are enjoying crafting up some fun crafts related to the holiday.
Today’s craft is a super cute use of an upcycled food container, a 4th of July Firecracker craft.
4th of July Firecracker Craft
(This post contains affiliate links.)
SUPPLIES YOU WILL NEED:
- Canister (We used an old Nestle container. You could use anything from a pringles can to an old soup can.)
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00ATJSD8I” locale=”US” tag=”thgisli03-20″]Red, White and Blue Craft Paint[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B000W5IACS” locale=”US” tag=”thgisli03-20″]Sponge Brushes[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B0167TLZ42″ locale=”US” tag=”thgisli03-20″]Black Rope[/easyazon_link]
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B0000C0CJQ” locale=”US” tag=”thgisli03-20″]Avery Sticker Paper[/easyazon_link] (optional)
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B003H0G1J4″ locale=”US” tag=”thgisli03-20″]Star Punch[/easyazon_link] (optional)
The directions are very basic and simple. All you need to do is choose a 4th of July firecracker craft design and paint it.
If you use a Nestle container or something else with a dark graphic I recommend painting on a couple coats of primer (or just white paint) first.
You can paint on stars or if you have a [easyazon_link identifier=”B00FC1BCWW” locale=”US” tag=”thgisli03-20″]star punch[/easyazon_link] do like we did and punch out white sticker paper and attach the sticker stars.
Now that your design is painted and dry you can drill a hole in the top of the container lid (paint it if you need to as well) and then slide your rope through the hole. We just tied a knot on one end so that it wouldn’t go all the way through but you could also hot glue that part if you needed to.
Also to note, we used a [easyazon_link identifier=”B000EMBEY0″ locale=”US” tag=”thgisli03-20″]wood burner[/easyazon_link] to melt the edges of the rope so that it would not fray. You could also do this with a lighter. Just don’t allow your kids to do this step.
I hope you enjoyed this fun and super simple 4th of July Firecracker Craft. It’s a great way to keep the kids occupied this summer and enjoy the patriotic season.
If you enjoyed this 4th of July Firecracker Craft you also might enjoy…