The 4th of July is just right around the corner so we are enjoying crafting up some fun crafts related to the holiday.
Today’s craft is a super cute use of an upcycled food container, a 4th of July Firecracker craft.
Supplies you will need!
- Canister (We used an old Nestle container. You could also use anything from a pringles can to an old soup can.)
- Red, White, and Blue Craft Paint
- Sponge Brushes
- Black Rope
- Avery Sticker Paper (optional)
- Star Punch (optional)
How to make a firecracker craft from an old Nestle milk container.
The directions are very basic and simple. All you need to do is choose a 4th of July firecracker craft design and paint it.
If you use a Nestle container or something else with a dark graphic I recommend painting on a couple of coats of primer (or just white paint) first.
You can paint on stars or if you have a star punch (linked above in the supplies list) do like we did and punch out white sticker paper and attach the sticker stars.
Once your design is painted and dry you can drill a hole in the top of the container lid (paint it if you need to as well) and then slide your rope through the hole. We just tied a knot on one end so that it wouldn’t go all the way through but you could also hot glue that part if you needed to.
Also to note, we used a wood burner to melt the edges of the rope so that it would not fray. You could also do this with a lighter. Just don’t allow your kids to do this step.
I hope you enjoyed this fun and super simple 4th of July Firecracker Craft. It’s a great way to keep the kids occupied this summer and enjoy the patriotic season.
If you enjoyed this firecracker craft then be sure to pop over and check out our other 4th of July posts as well.
- Patriotic Popcorn
- 4th of July Cherry Bombs
- Popsicle Stick American Flag Magnet Craft
- 4th of July Roll and Cover Dice Game
- 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- Patriotic Pretzel Rods | Pretzel Sparklers
- How to make an American flag tie-dye shirt!
- Firecracker Marshmallow Pops
- Clay Pot Uncle Sam Craft
- Wooden Handprint American Flag
Want to print or save the instructions to this firecracker craft?