These Strawberry Cookies With Cake Mix are soft, chewy, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious and the perfect cookie to celebrate Valentine’s Day or any special occasion.
You can easily whip up a batch with just a few simple ingredients making these pink cookies one of the easiest recipes to satisfy your cookie craving.
Why You’ll Love this Easy Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- Quick and Easy to Make
- Fun for Kids to Help Make
- Ready to Enjoy in Under 30 Minutes
- Simple Ingredients
- Can be Made Gluten Free
- Perfect for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Baby Showers, Gender Reveals, Etc.
Ingredients to make Cake Mix Strawberry Cookies
- 1 – 17 oz box yellow cake mix (you can substitute for a gluten-free mix to make this recipe gluten-free, you could also use a box of strawberry cake mix)
- 1 – 3 oz small box of strawberry jello
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (can use more if you want to fold in the chocolate chips instead)
How to make Strawberry Cookies with Cake Mix
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
In a large bowl, add your box of cake mix, strawberry jello mix, softened butter, softened cream cheese, and egg.
Use a stand mixer or hand mixer on medium speed to mix until combined.
Note: Instead of adding a white chocolate drizzle at the end, you may instead fold the white chocolate chips directly into the batter to make this recipe even easier. If you would like to do that you would want to at this point at them into the mixture.
Using a measuring tablespoon, medium cookie scoop, or small ice cream scoop, scoop the dough and roll them into balls.
Place them onto an ungreased baking sheet and use the palm of your hand or the bottom of a flat glass to gently flatten the dough balls.
Bake in preheated oven for 12-14 minutes.
Use a spatula to carefully transfer the cookies to a wire cooling rack and allow them to completely cool.
To add the white chocolate drizzle to the cookies: Add white chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on 50% power until melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
Transfer the melted white chocolate to a sandwich bag. Snip off a small corner of the bag and drizzle the white chocolate in a back-and-forth pattern over the top of each cookie.
As an alternative, you can dip half the cookies in the white chocolate and add a few Valentine’s sprinkles for a fun touch.
These easy cookies have a nice chewy texture once cooled, and they are bursting with strawberry flavor.
They have a really pretty pink color that makes them a must-make recipe for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, birthday parties, gender reveal parties, etc.
Tips for making Strawberry Cookies with Cake Mix
To create a perfect circle shape for your cookies, immediately after baking, use the circular ring of a mason jar lid, a circular cookie cutter, or the rim of a large glass and place it over the top of each cookie.
Move the object in a circular pattern around the cookie allowing it to gently touch the edges and reshape the cookie into a circle. This method only works when cookies are soft and fresh out of the oven.
- For best results, don’t overbake! If these cookies overbake they will begin to turn brown and lose their pretty color.
- Using a cooling wire rack works great for allowing the cookies to completely cool.
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper, this makes cleaning up your large baking sheet a breeze.
- Stock up on cake mixes when you see a good sale.
- These are supposed to be chewy cookies, if they end up a little crunchier than you like you can place a piece of bread with them when stored and it will help keep them moist.
Do I have to Chill the Cookie Dough first?
No, you can cook them right away. However, chilling the dough helps if you want to retain the shape of the cookies.
How to Store Strawberry Cookies from Cake Mix
Once the cookies have fully cooled to room temperature you can store them in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Can I Freeze Cake Mix Cookies?
Yes, you can easily freeze these strawberry cookies for enjoying later. After they have completely cooled, place them in a freezer bag or container for up to 3 months. Once you are ready to enjoy allow them to defrost at room temperature.
Can I Freeze the Cookie Dough?
If you want to prep these cookies but not cook them right away you can freeze the dough. Roll them into cookie dough balls and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet to flash freeze until they are no longer sticky. At this point, you can place them in a ziploc bag and store them for up to 2 months in the freezer. To bake, allow them to thaw for approximately 10 minutes and follow the baking instructions in the recipe.
Even more delicious cookies you don’t want to miss!
Don’t miss these other awesome Valentine treats!
Want to print or save this easy cookie recipe for strawberry cookies?