This apple banana oat smoothie is thick, creamy, fruity, and super easy to make for a delicious breakfast treat or snack.
You can throw this nutritious smoothie together with 4 simple wholesome ingredients and about 10 minutes of your free time.
I love healthy smoothies whether it is in the morning, noon, or night but especially for a quick breakfast.
I also really like to have them before I work out because they are great for energy or sometimes even for lunch.
This apple banana oat smoothie is loaded with goodness and nutrients to start your day off right and keep you full all morning.
I got lucky to have a kid who loves fruits and vegetables. Crazy right?!
However, I know there are tons of moms who fight their kids to eat anything that looks like a fruit, smells like a vegetable, or the color green.
The struggle is real folks!
There is also one other thing I know and it is that kids love ice cream and sweet stuff.
We don't have to tell them that the sweet and creamy stuff is really just a bunch of fruits or vegetables blended up.
So if you are looking for a way to add fruits or veggies into your kid's diet (or even your own, picky eaters) then having a creamy and delicious smoothie is definitely the way to go.
One of my favorite recipes to do that is this banana apple oat smoothie.
Ingredients you will need for an Apple Banana Oat Smoothie
- 1 apple
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup oats (old fashioned style not quick oats)
- ½ cup milk
- 2-4 ice cubes (or freeze the banana and omit the ice cubes)
How to make a banana apple oat smoothie
- Chop up the apple and banana.
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve & enjoy!
Some questions you may have
Do you peel apples for smoothies?
If you choose to leave the skin on the apple it will slightly change the texture of your smoothie.
However, the skin offers all of the vitamins and nutrients of the fruit. I highly recommend keeping the skin.
Can I put banana peels in my smoothie?
Although the answer is yes you can, a banana peel will affect the taste of your smoothie. It is slightly bitter.
Is an Apple Banana Soothie good for weight loss?
Yes, a lot of people enjoy smoothies as a healthy way to help them reach their weight loss goals.
Apple and banana smoothies are healthy and nutritious drinks that can be enjoyed as a convenient breakfast option or a quick snack.
More Smoothie Recipes:
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
- Very Berry Smoothie Recipe
- Green Detox Smoothie Recipe
- Raspberry Peach Smoothie
- Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie
- Mango Peach Protein Smoothie
- Strawberry Sorbet Smoothie
- Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipes
Do you want to print or save this recipe?
Apple Banana & Oat Smoothie
- 1 Apple whichever kind you like best
- 1 Banana
- ½ Cup Oats Old Fashioned
- ½ Cup Milk
- 3-4 Cubes of Ice
- Chop up the apple and banana. I leave the peeling on the apple but if you choose you can peel the apple first.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!