Get your kids involved in crafting this fall and Halloween season with this super cute Popsicle Stick Pumpkin. He can be turned into a magnet to make him fridge friendly.
This post contains affiliate links.
Back today with a new Crafting with Kids! craft. Today’s craft is a Popsicle stick pumpkin magnet.
My daughter named him spookley and if you have read the book or seen the little cartoon then you probably know why.
If you haven’t then you totally should. It is a great kids’ book and cartoon.
Supplies you will need:
- popsicle sticks
- Craft Paint orange and black)
- Green Pipe Cleaner
- Cardstock or Cardboard
- Hot Glue Gun / Glue
- Elmer’s Glue
Directions for making a Popsicle Stick Pumpkin
1. Gather all of your supplies!
2. Layout 10 popsicle sticks to measure how wide you need to cut your cardstock or cardboard.
We used cardstock for the backing of ours. Just make sure that you cut the width and length so that the sticks completely cover it.
3. Glue the popsicle sticks onto your board.
You can do your design all straight across or choose to do them as we did and stagger them up and down. We thought the staggered look gave it a little more character.
4. The next step is to paint your popsicle stick pumpkin and let dry.
If you are a teacher or someone looking to do this with multiple children it might be best to have all of the popsicle sticks prepainted orange, the backing precut, and additionally instead of painting on faces to have precut eyes, noses, and mouths.
5. Once your pumpkin is fully dry you can paint on his face.
You can either follow the same design we did or give him his own unique face.
6. Lastly you will want to hot glue the green pipe cleaner onto the back.
Before hot gluing, we wrapped it around our finger to give it a curl.
Attach magnets to the back of your pumpkin and you are done. I used two .75 inch adhesive magnets to hold mine up.
Looking for more popsicle stick Halloween crafts?
- Popsicle Stick Sugar Skull & Day of the Dead Craft / Disney Coco Craft
- Popsicle Stick Black Cat
- Popsicle Stick Mummy Craft
- Popsicle Stick Bat
- Popsicle Stick Vampire
- Popsicle Stick Scarecrow
- Popsicle Stick Frankenstein
- Popsicle Stick Witch
Want to print these instructions?